About the Program
- The MBA course is of two years, divided into four semesters
- The structure of the Course is such that initially during the first two semesters, students have to study core courses of management
- Between the third and fourth semester of MBA, the student is required to undergo 8 - 10 weeks of compulsory Training, and prepare a training report of the same
- From the third semester onwards, in addition to compulsory papers, the student has to opt for any electives from the available three alternatives that is Marketing, Finance and Human Resource
- In the final semester, students have to undertake research work according to their area of interest and prepare a detailed research report. A comprehensive viva-voce is also conducted in the fourth semester to complete the evaluation of the student
MBA Specialization Areas
Marketing- Welcome to the MBA in Marketing Management section. In this section you will find the scope of doing mba in marketing management and what are the job oppurtunities after doing MBA in marketing stream. You will also find a list of MBA Marketing programs and courses along with their syllabus offered.
MBA in Marketing aims at producing high class of expert people who could understand marketing sophisticated decisions. People goes up to a high extent to make a best product and sell in the market. Success of the Marketing personal lies in the hands of public relations. Hence is set with a lot of importance during these classes. Subjects like communication skills and market research are part of courses.
MBA Marketing course focuses on polishing the skills of a person in this area. It concentrates in making professionals out of the students. Any organization will have a good marketing team and this increases the number of opportunities for the people who are doing MBA in marketing. Even in these days of recession, MBA in marketing is a great academic option as the chances in marketing field is countless.
Highlights- The Marketing Group conducts research into strategic and operational management, planning and policy issues relating to marketing, retailing and consumption. It is also actively involved with industry and practitioners via a number of links which include consultancy projects, executive classes, speaking at industry conferences and events and supplying media commentary. The Group offers programmes at Masters level students in a range of Marketing areas.
Finance- MBA Finance is becoming a very popular choice among the many specializations offered in the MBA course. Though most MBA programmes will provide the basic knowledge of business principles, an MBA in Finance better equips one to face the cut-throat competition of a dynamic business environment.
MBA Finance increases the job opportunities, helps in changing careers or better qualifies one for a chance at career advancement or helps one to start one’s own business. MBA Finance will teach a student accounting, economics, banking, market structure etc. which are all vital to any enterprise. A number of Companies have started recruiting students who are still doing the Course, as the demand for MBA Finance Graduates is quite high.
Highlights- The Finance Group conducts research into Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Credit Risk, Bond Contracting, IPOs, Emerging Capital Markets International Accounting Issues, Foreign Direct Investment and Real Estate Finance and Economics
Human Resources- Welcome to the MBA in HR, Human Resources Management section. In this section you will find the scope of doing MBA in HR and what are the job oppurtunities after doing MBA in HR stream. You will also find a list of MBA HR courses taught in our group.
In most of the premier B-schools of the world, MBA in human resource is one among the most renowned departments. As the resources of the institutions are always limited. There are numerous opportunities available in renowned in the MBA in human resources. A change in attitude of the students can result in the changing the attitude of the business. There are certain companies that are giving ample importance to MBA in HR students.
The perception of the students should change for good as only that can help the students who have opted for MBA human resource stream to get recruited by the companies. If the training given is good, the companies are ready to take a lot of students to their companies as there are many posts left vacant for MBA HR candidates.
Highlights- The HR Group conducts research into human capital, Organization Development and International HR issues relating to recruitment, selection and compensation management, peronal development. The group is also activtly involved in industry and consultancy projects. The Group offer programmes at Marsters level students in a range of Human Resource areas
Program Educational Objectives (PEOS)
- Acquire Sufficient theoretical knowledge and are enabled to apply them to solve practical problems in business and other organizations / institutions of importance
- Apply Effective communication skills with a high degree of lateral and critical thinking that enhances learn ability, developed for being continuously employable
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, ethically sound, enabled with decision making skills that reflect a high degree of social consciousness
- Recognise the need for sustained research orientation to comprehend a growingly complex, economic, legal and ethical environment
- Possess self-sustaining entrepreneurship qualities that encourages calculated risk taking