The Department of Basic Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics was established in the year of 2001 with an intention to provide pedestal knowledge to ease the acquisition of engineering revelation. The Basic Science knowledge is disseminated by highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members. To disseminate immaculate knowledge to the student community is bifurcated into two different cycles viz., Chemistry cycle and Physics cycle during the First year of their study. Basic Science Department plays an important role in encouraging, moulding and shaping the Engineering entry level students. The Chemistry Cycle is leading by Dr H C Basavaraju and Physics cycle by Prof. M R Raghavendra.
VISION & MISSION
To be the foundation hub for all engineering knowledge.
To groom the students with all fundamental skills to enable them to assimilate engineering knowledge of all fields of their choice.
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
Department of Physics was established in 2001 with the mission of imparting quality education in the field of Physics at UG level. The Department faculties are teaching Engineering Physics to the first year level of all branches of engineering courses to impart the knowledge and experimental skills to the student’s community. Presently department is headed by Mr. M. R. Raghavendra and is strengthened with one more faculty member.
The Objective of this course is to make students learn and understand basic concepts and principles of physics to analyze practical engineering problems and apply its solutions effectively and meaningfully. To understand building up of models, design issues, practical oriented skills and problem solving challenges are the great task of the course. To know about shock waves and practical applications is the prime motto to introduce new technology at the initial stage of Engineering.
On completion of this course are able to:
- Learn and understand more about basic principles and develop problem solving skills and implementation in technology
- Gain knowledge about Modern physics and quantum mechanics will update the basic concepts to implement the skills.
- Study of material properties and their applications is the prime role to understand and use in engineering applications and studies.
- Study laser and optical fibers and its applications are to impart knowledge and to develop skills and to use modern instruments in the engineering applications. Understand crystal structure and applications are to boost the technical skills and its applications.
- Understand crystal structure and applications are to boost the technical skills and its applications. Expose shock waves concept and its applications will bring latest technology to the students at the first year level to develop research orientation programs at higher semester level and
- Expose shock waves concept and its applications will bring latest technology to the students at the first year level to develop research orientation programs at higher
semester level and
- Understand basic concepts of nano science and technology
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
Department of Chemistry was established in the year 2001. The Department faculties are teaching Engineering Chemistry at the first year level of all branches of engineering courses to upgrade the knowledge and practical skill to the young buddy students. The department is presently head by Dr H C Basavaraju who is duly supported by well qualified and experienced staff members. The curriculum is designed according to the requirements of all the branches of Engineering. The staff members of the department are actively involved to shape the students.
To provide students with knowledge of engineering chemistry for building technical competence in industries, research and development in the following fields.
- Electrochemistry and Battery Technology.
- Corrosion and Metal Finishing.
- Fuels and Solar energy.
- Water Technology and Nanomaterials.
On completion of this course, students will have knowledge in,
- Electrochemical and concentration cells. Classical and Modern Batteries and fuel cells.
- Causes and effects of corrosion of metals and control of corrosion. Modification of surface properties of metals to develop resistance to corrosion, wear, tear, impact etc. by electroplating and electro less plating.
- Production and consumption of energy for industrialization of country and living standards of people. Utilization of solar energy for different useful forms of energy.
- of conventional materials by polymers for various applications.
- Boiler troubles; sewage treatment and desalination of sea water and over viewing of synthesis, properties and applications of Nanomaterials.
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
The Department of Mathematics was established in the year 2001. The department has highly qualified, experienced & committed teachers with reputation to their areas of specialization. Mathematics is taught in the first four semesters of Engineering Curriculum, which will be strong foundations for Engineers. Mathematics has been remarked always as a popular and essential subject even today in its own way. In order to create interest in the student’s community the department has been teaching Engineering Mathematics with applications and also conducts invited lectures and seminars by eminent Personalities.Presently department is headed by Mr. M. R. Raghavendra.
The purpose of this course is to make students well conversant with numerical methods to solve ordinary differential equations, complex analysis, sampling theory, Joint probability distribution and stochastic process arising in science and Engineering. To enable students to apply the knowledge of Mathematics in various Engineering fields by making them to learn the following.
- Ordinary differential equations
- Partial differential equations.
- Double and Triple Integration
- Laplace transforms.
- Probability Distributions
- Sampling theory.
- Stochastic process
- Fourier series.
- Fourier transforms
- Z transforms
- Calculus of variations.
- Numerical methods
- Special functions.
- Vector calculus and Vector Integration
- Differential calculus.
- Complex analysis
On completion of this course, students are able to,
- Solve differential equations of electrical circuits, forced oscillation of mass spring and elementary heat transfer.
- Solve partial differential equations fluid mechanics, electromagnetic theory and heat transfer
- Evaluate double and triple integrals to find area, volume, mass and moment of inertia of plane and solid region
- Use divergence and curl of a vector valued functions in various applications of electricity, magnetism and fluid flows.
- Solve first and second order ordinary differential equations arising in flow problems using single step and multistep numerical methods.
- Understand the analyticity, potential fields, residues and poles of complex potentials in field theory and electromagnetic theory.
- Describe conformal and bilinear transformation arising in aerofoil theory, fluid flow visualization and image processing
- Solve problems of quantum mechanics, hydrodynamics and heat conduction by employing Bessel’s functions relating to cylindrical polar coordinate systems
- Solve problems on probability distributions relating to digital signal processing, information theory and optimization concepts of stability of design and structural engineering.